Do you remember the first time?

Home Forums BRMC Do you remember the first time?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    porcupiny
    Keymaster

Your first time hearing, seeing, or meeting BRMC!

I will start: Rodney on the Roq was talking about them a lot so I picked up a 4 song promo from my college radio station (where I was interning). My brother happened to win tickets to see them opening for Spiritualized in San Diego. My first time meeting Robert was Leeds 2002 (few words were exchanged), didn’t meet Peter until Howl tour when they did the Amoeba in-store and got a huge stack of CD sleeves signed. That was also my first video recording of them.

Jodi Haddon

The first time I heard them was on MTV, the video for ‘Whatever Happened To My Rock ‘n Roll’ was on quite a bit when it first came out. I didn’t pay much attention to them until the second single, “Love Burns” and then it was love!

I missed the entire first tour and didn’t see them until they played a headline gig at Harlow’s in Sacramento 2 days after the release of ‘Take Them On, On Your Own’. I should have met all of them on that day, but I was way too nervous to approach them. I didn’t meet Robert until my second show, one year later at The Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, but I did get a picture with him that night! I also met Peter and Nick the same night at Liane, at the Amoeba in-store and after the gig at Great American Music Hall, respectively.

porcupiny
    Keymaster

No offense, Jodi, but it shocks me that you were ever “too shy”! I totally forgot we also met Nick that night after the show. Sorry Nick!

porcupiny
    Keymaster

Also, I do remember the video for Punk Song on Subterranean, but I also preferred “Love Burns.” And incidentally, I won that trip to London and Paris through my school’s travel fair (lightning struck twice that summer!).

Hide

Late 2001, my friend showed me a promo video of Punk Song, I wasn’t interested in the song first time(!). After while I watched a promo video of Love Burns, I just loved the song and video too! I really wanted to see them live and they first came to Japan for Fuji Rock in July 2002, unfortunately I couldn’t go but they played in a small club in Tokyo after Fuji, I made it and met Pete and Nick after the show. I met Rob in Osaka 2003, I guess…

porcupiny
    Keymaster

Our stories are sounding very alike so far!

Jodi Haddon

It’s funny how none of us cared for Punk Song, but we all loved “Love Burns”!

I think I was turned off by the chaotic video. No offense to the director!

porcupiny
    Keymaster

I did prefer the video to Love Burns, but I got a great promo version of the Punk Song video that I like much better than the 2nd version (which was higher production value, but far less personal).

John Royle

The first time I heard BRMC was on MTV. It was the video for Love Burns. I can’t recall the year. It may have been 2003.

I first saw them live in March 1, 2006. It was at the State Theatre in downtown St Pete. It is still my favorite BRMC performance. And it is one of my all time favorite concerts.

I first met them at an in -store performance at Park Ave Cds in Winter Park, FL on June 10, 2007. I met Rob and Nick. Pete couldn’t play at the in-store. I met Pete after their show later that night at the Social in downtown Orlando. I spoke with both Pete and Rob and thanked them for playing The Line for me. I’ve met them, and Leah, a few times since.

porcupiny
    Keymaster

I should add the first time I saw Leah… probably the Detroit Bar show back in March 2008 (during the Lust Lust Lust tour) with the Raveonettes. Her hair was much shorter and she was playing a stripped down stand up drum kit. We talked to Sharin after the show, but didn’t get to meet Leah.

Later, we saw her at the private Jack Daniels HOB Anaheim show at the beginning of June (right before Ink n Iron) – she wasn’t playing the show, just watching. The first time I saw her play was the 2 nights at Great American Music Hall on September 8th and 9th.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar